Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Not Really Wordless

Who's That Girl?


It's Me!  Here I am Nov 1976 with my family at a Texas A&M football game getting my pic taken with Reveille, our mascot.  My brother was a sophomore in the Corps of Cadets.  I looked up who we played in November of 1976.  There were 3 games that month & we whooped all of our opponents' butts.  We whooped some Arkansas Razorback butt on Nov 13th.  We whooped some TCU Horned Frog [snort] butt on Nov 20th.  And we whooped some Texas tea-sippin' Longhorn butt on Nov 25th.  In fact that year we were whoopin' butt and takin' names.  We were only outscored twice by Houston and Texas Tech.  [Note: Aggies are not losers.  We may get outscored, but we never lose.  At least that's what my dad always said.]  We even went on to whoop some Florida butt at the Sun Bowl on Jan 2nd.  Not a bad year for the Ags.

I remember the pic being taken, but I have no idea which November game it was taken at.  Pretty sure it wasn't Arkansas because I've never been to Arkansas.  So that leaves the TCU and Texas games.  The TCU game was at home at Kyle Field and Texas was at Austin.  If I had to guess, I'd say the Texas game in Austin as there are people seated on the field level & that's where the away fans used to sit at an Aggie-t.u. game.  [Yup.  That's where we'd put 'em too.]  Also, that would explain why I'm on field level and having my pic taken with our beloved Reveille.

Gig'em!

7 comments:

  1. What a cutie. I love the hat, too big for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lots of fun and good old times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were adorable!

    Today I was presented the "Ancestors Approved" award by Dionne Ford of the Finding Josephine Blog. As a recipient of this award I’m supposed to list ten things I have learned about any of my ancestors that has surprised, humbled, or enlightened me and pass along the award to ten other bloggers who I feel are doing their ancestors proud.

    I have chosen to present you with the award. You can pick up the picture of the award on my blog post athttp://genealogyandme.blogspot.com/2010/04/treasure-chest-thursday-my-ancestor.html

    Thanks for sharing your ancestor stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please accept and pick up the the Ancestor Approved Award at Roots'N' Leaves

    I really enjoy your blog. I thought the Dancing with Storms series was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have given you the "Ancestor Approved" award that is going around because YOU are doing your ancestor's proud. You can pick up your award here... http://bit.ly/cg1nKr

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am passing on the Ancestor Approved Award to you. You can pick your award up at http://wp.me/pugQZ-dY

    ReplyDelete

Inappropriate comments will be deleted. So keep it clean and be nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...