Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Official #Genealogy Blogger for #FGS2011!



Yup. You read correctly. I'm an Official Blogger for FGS2011!


The Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference this year ~ Pathways to the Heartland ~ is being held in Springfield, Illinois September 7-10.  That's right 4 jam-packed FAN-tabulous days of genealogy fun! Seriously? I was going over all the sessions last night that are available for this conference. And? My head hurts [in a good way] with all the opportunities for learning and networking.  This is a must-see-must-attend-absolutely-gotta-be-there conference.


And if that doesn't get you there, then maybe this will.  I will be there. Reporting. Interviewing. Dining. Networking. You know, the usual hard work.


BUT, what if you can't make it? Don't worry. I and this outstanding list of esteemed Official FGS Bloggers will be blogging about the vendors, the food [Apparently, Amy Coffin over on her blog, We Tree, will be scoring and blogging  about some ~from what I hear~ fantastic bacon from a particular vendor.], the socials, the lectures, and, well, everything.


Now, in the months, weeks, and days leading up to FGS2011, I will be spotlighting on this blog and on my official How-To Blog For Newbies, For Your Family Story, any conference news, interviews with planned conference lecturers & vendors, historical places to visit near the conference, and local resources for opportunities to research in and around Springfield.


At the conference, I will be Tweeting [ @FamilyStories ] and blogging conference news, interviews, photos, etc.


After the conference, I will be blogging my thoughts, meditations, and the like of the FGS2011 Conference. [And definitely more pics.]


Oh my. I'm gonna busy. [A good kinda busy.]  I am so very excited and honored to have been chosen to be an Official Blogger for the FGS2011 Conference!


Now for the "legal business." In exchange for all of the above listed tasks, I am receiving the following from FGS:

  • One full complimentary registration to the conference
  • Media credentials
  • Complimentary admission to the Old-Fashioned Prairie Social on Wednesday evening
  • Off-Hour admission to the Exhibit Hall
  • Use of space at the Media Hub
[O.K. Can I scream now? Aaaaaaack!!! Woo-hoo!!!! This SO rocks!]


So, will I see you there?  Goodness, I hope so.


Until then, keep an eye out for all the FGS2011 Conference news via my blogs, Family Stories and/or For Your Family Story, via Twitter, and via Facebook.
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Inappropriate comments will be deleted. So keep it clean and be nice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...